Since 2006, the PCP has been taking steps to help ensure that the voice of Pacific Islands on climate change is heard loud and clear in the Australian and global community. Our speakers have presented on a range of topics, including:
- The impacts of climate change on Pacific Islands, particularly Kiribati and Tuvalu
- Climate justice in the Pacific: climate change as a human rights issue
- Climate science
- Climate action- what you can do to help
- Laudato Si, Pope Francis's powerful encyclical on sustainability and climate justice
- Cross-cultural awareness: differences between Pacific and Australian cultures
If you would like to book one of our speakers, please email to Corinne Fagueret, our Senior Manager for Social Justice Advocacy & Research at [email protected]
Corinne Fagueret, Senior Manager Social Justice Advocacy & Research
Corinne joined the Edmund Rice Centre as PCP Coordinator in February 2019, having spent 25 years working on public policy development and advocacy in the environmental and social justice fields, both in Government and NGO sectors.
Corinne has travelled and worked extensively with Pacific Islander communities to help build and support emerging climate leadership, particularly in Kiribati, Tuvalu and the Torres Strait.
Corinne is an engaging speaker who very much enjoys connecting with her audience.