Our New Year's Resolutions for Social Justice
Many of us make New Year's resolutions - they're a chance to put the past behind us, make a fresh start and set goals to become the best and happiest version of ourselves.
Why shouldn't Australia's politicians do the same?
If we were in charge of creating Australia's New Year's resolutions for 2017, here's what we would hope for:
1. Humane treatment of refugees and people seeking asylum
2. Genuine action to reduce Indigenous incarceration rates
3. Constitutional recognition of Indigenous Australians and then a Treaty
4. Real action on climate change to limit global temperature rises to below 1.5 degrees Celsius
5. Leadership to celebrate and promote diversity and multiculturalism
What do you want to see added? Share your resolution.